Cycling UK in Scotland
In Scotland, Cycling UK has a development officer team who work across a range of different projects in local communities. This includes:
- The Big Bike Revival in Scotland, a national project that aims to encourage new and returning cyclists to get back on their bikes
- Community cycle club development, offering local groups support, training and guidance to run their cycling groups and activities to the benefit of their local community.
- The Belles on Bikes network, a series of women's cycling groups across Scotland.
- Play on Pedals, a partnership project with Cycling Scotland, Play Scotland and the Bike Station. This Glasgow project is enabling every pre-school child to learn to ride a bike.
- The Edinburgh All-ability Bike Club, which works with anyone needing a little bit of extra support to get cycling. This could include older people, people with complex health conditions, disabled people and anyone else needing a bit extra support to get riding.
Cycling UK and Pedal on Parliament lead the We Walk, We Cycle, We Vote collaborate campaign. This campaign comprises of over 50 diverse organisations that support key asks of increased investment in active travel provision, dedicated cycling infrastructure and the breaking down of local barriers to encourage walking and cycling for everyday journeys.
There are nine Cycling UK member groups in Scotland, which offer rides, campaigning, touring and other social cycling events and activities. There is also a large community cycling network in Scotland, with over 100 Cycling UK affiliated groups across the nation. See our map for your nearest member and affiliate groups.
About the Cycling UK Scotland volunteer committee
Cycling UK Scotland is an elected volunteer committee of Cycling UK members from across Scotland, committed to representing everyday cyclists at national meetings and in responding to consultations. Policy topics include cycling as transport, land access, climate change, air quality, planning, road safety and wider transport policy which affects or is relevant to cycling.
The Cycling UK Scotland committee also supports the activities and projects of Cycling UK in Scotland, promotes membership and brings Cycling UK members in Scotland together at an annual gathering.