“All you need is a bike” to enjoy Bike Week says Cycling UK
- Bike Week runs 08 – 16 June
- Hundreds of events taking place including family friendly rides; cycle maintenance, bike breakfasts, and even naked bike rides
- Photos available at: https://www.skyfish.com/p/cyclinguk/1525735
- For more information head to www.cyclinguk.org/bikeweek
Bike Week, delivered by national charity Cycling UK, runs from 08 to 16 June and is more than just a celebration of cycling. Hundreds of events are running across the country as the charity urges people to think “bike” and how they can bring cycling into their lives.
With the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice) encouraging employers to do more to create opportunities for an active workforce to tackle obesity, cycling is a simple way to bring exercise into your life whether on your commute, trips to the shop or days out with the family
Cycling UK wants people to realise cycling isn’t just about the Tour de France and the Olympics, but can be a fun, easy and accessible way to get about for shorter trips too.
Cycling UK’s Chief Executive Paul Tuohy said:
“You don’t need fancy clothing or equipment to enjoy cycling – all you need is a bike. The benefits of cycling are well documented – it’s good for your wealth, your well-being and helps tackle congestion and air pollution. But most of all it’s fun!
“Maybe it’s been a while since you were last on a bike, well Bike Week is the perfect time to get back in the saddle. You might be surprised at just how much you enjoy it – and think about the savings you’ll make too.”
Throughout the week there will be family friendly rides, training events, opportunities to get your bike fixed, bike breakfasts and even naked bike rides – providing accessible and fun opportunities for people to get back into the saddle for the summer.
Notes to editors
- Cycling UK, the national cycling charity, inspires and helps people to cycle and keep cycling, whatever kind of cycling they do or would like to do. Over a century’s experience tells us that cycling is more than useful transport; it makes you feel good, gives you a sense of freedom and creates a better environment for everyone. www.cyclinguk.org
- Photos are available at: https://www.skyfish.com/p/cyclinguk/1525735
- Bike Week 2019 runs 8 – 16 June 2019. For more information visit www.bikeweek.org.uk.
- Follow us on www.facebook.com/CyclingUK, Instagram www.instagram.com/wearecyclinguk and www.twitter.com/WeAreCyclingUK using the hashtag #BikeWeekUK and #7daysofcycling.
- Bike Week 2019 is delivered by Cycling UK and supported in Scotland by Cycling Scotland.
Press contact information
For more information contact the national Cycling UK Press Office on 01483 238 315, 07786 320 713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org