Making cycling e-asier
What is Making cycling e-asier?
Cycling UK’s exciting new scheme, Making cycling e-asier, is funded by Department for Transport and aims to support communities across England.
The scheme offers free skills and confidence sessions and e-cycle loans to encourage people to consider e-cycles as an active travel option for everyday journeys.
Making cycling e-asier is available in communities in four regions:
Skills and confidence sessions
Whether you’re a keen cyclist, or you haven’t cycled in a while, our skills and confidence sessions will help you get to grips with e-cycling in no time.
These free, one-hour sessions take place in each of the Making cycling e-asier locations, where experts will be on hand to assess your skills and requirements and guide you through e-cycling to give you the confidence to get riding quickly and easily.
Our team will provide you with an e-cycle; helmets aren’t necessary but we can provide one if you want – or you can bring your own.
During the session you will learn:
- How to pedal and operate the e-cycle through fun games
- Basic maintenance checks
- Best practice when preparing for your e-cycle journey
- Top tips when e-cycling on the road through interactive activities
The session will cover some cycling skills but rest assured, there is no test, pass or fail involved. Our aim is to give you the skills and advice you need to confidently start your e-cycling journey.
Making cycling e-asier offers free one-month loans of a wide range of electric bikes and cycles in different sizes to meet your needs, including e-bikes, non-standard e-cycles and e-cargo bikes.
With e-cycles provided by top brands, you’ll also receive accessories such as a battery charger, lights and a lock, along with expert support.
Plus, Cycling UK has you covered with our valuable membership. When you successfully sign up for a free e-cycle loan, you’re eligible for a three-month Cycling UK membership for free, providing you with excellent discounts with high street retailers and peace of mind insurance with Yellow Jersey.
Find your closest e-cycles hub
Who can take part?
In order to take part you must be
- Over the age of 16, except for our e-hubs at Evans Cycles shops where e-cycle loans are for people over the age of 18.
- A resident living in the one specified locations the scheme takes place in.
Please note that
- Capacity is limited so there is strictly one e-cycle loan per applicant.
- There is no need to attend a skills and confidence session event in order to apply for a loan.