CTC Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders
We are a member group of the national charity Cycling UK based in Edinburgh, the Lothians and the Borders.
The group used to organise three rides per week (that is in more normal times!) starting in Edinburgh and visiting the surrounding areas.
- Wednesday starting at 10am and cycling 50 to 80 miles depending on the time of year.
- Sundays starting at 10am and cycling around 40 miles
- Tuesday starting at 6.30pm in the summer – shorter – about 20 miles
Whatever bike you have – road, tourer or hybrid, you’ll be welcome on our rides; we just ask that your bike is roadworthy and, for the benefit of other riders in the group, in wet weather conditions be fitted with mudguards. You need not be a member of Cycling UK to come along on our rides to start with, just turn up and you will be made most welcome. If you wish to become a regular rider we do ask you become a member of Cycling UK. To join please go to http://www.cyclinguk.org/join
To receive email notifications of forthcoming rides around Edinburgh and the Lothians and other information, join the CTC Edinburgh, Lothians and Borders email group with Groups.io.
For cyclists based in the Borders please join our Borders Brake-away Cycling group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on forthcoming rides
For cyclists based in the Berwick and Eyemouth areas please contact Tony Houghton: email@example.com Tel 07854 426621
It was announced yesterday that from this Friday 12th March, outdoor non-contact sports and organised group exercise are permitted for all adults, in groups of up to 15 people. Scottish Cycling however have recommended a maximum limit of 9 riders.
We therefore hope to offer group rides for 9 participants on Sundays and Wednesdays from now on.
Starting this Sunday 14th March. Details will be issued tomorrow or Friday on Groups.io email and on the website under "Events and Rides".
New members are most welcome to attend but should email me Ironside@blueyonder.co.uk to say you have read and will abide by the Covid regulations for our group rides below before coming on a ride.
Please note that by attending a ride:
· You are self-certifying that you are well and not required to isolate or quarantine.
· You agree to maintain social distancing before during and after the ride.
· You agree not to share food or drink.
· You will carry a mask and hand sanitiser in case of untoward events, such as mechanicals or accidents.
· You agree to follow NHS guidelines if you become unwell after the ride.
Also, please be aware that as Covid Coordinator I will keep a record the contact details of the participants on each ride.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and new members out on the rides soon.
Events and Rides