Going the Extra Mile: Volunteer Awards 2019 shortlist announced
Our amazing volunteers perform many roles to enable more people to enjoy cycling. From boosting people's mental and physical health to accomplishing a personal goal, the groups, projects and programmes we support have many different aims but all are united by the fact that they use cycling to achieve great things and rely on selfless volunteers to do so.
There are also dedicated and passionate individuals who lobby ceaselessly for better infrastructure and facilities for cyclists, both on an off-road.
Find out who has been nominated for their outstanding contributions to our mission as we release the names of those shortlisted for our Volunteer Awards 2019.
We will be selecting two categories out of the ten each week between now and our Volunteer Celebration on Saturday 15 June, when the work of the nominees will be showcased and the winners' names announced as follows:
- Week 1 Friday 17 May: Outstanding Young Achiever and Best Cycling Event
- Week 2 Friday 24 May: Best Cycling Programme and Outstanding Campaigning Individual
- Week 3 Friday 31 May: Exceptional Individual - Community Project and Outstanding Campaigning Group
- Week 4 Friday 7 June: Exceptional Individual - Cycling Group and Best Community Project
- Week 5 Friday 14 June: Best Cycling Group and Exceptional Individual - Cycling Programme