This course builds and develops your skills, training you to:
- Prepare for tours and rides
- Understand equipment requirements, checking for suitability
- Pre-ride routes and follow previously prepared route information
- Ensure participants’ riding abilities and help them develop
- Manage groups
- Perform roadside maintenance and repairs
- Deal with riders’ needs for food, drink and rest
- Deal with emergencies
- Reduce our environmental impact
Leading and guiding cycling holidays and tours requires specific skills, competencies and qualities to ensure that events are properly prepared for, run according to plan and time schedule and minimise the opportunities for incidents, as well as being able to deal with them if they do occur.
Click on the arrows icon below to open the full-size guide and to download your own copy.
The Tour Leader course equips you well to lead cycle touring.
The Mountain Bike Expedition Module will extend your Tour Leader qualification to include overnight camping trips under your technical remit.
Further qualifications allow you to explore other specialisms, such as Cycling UK’s Mountain Bike Trail Leader course.
For first aid course details please see Cycle courses and training.