Mountain biking code of conduct
- Ride Responsibly Show respect for all other users, and take care of the environment.
- Leave No Trace Practice low-impact cycling to protect trails and avoid wet and muddy trails. Keep to the line of existing trails, avoid skidding and take your litter home.
- Control Your Bike Stay focussed, check your speed, and think about other people.
- Always Give Way Let people know you are there. Pass wide and slow, particularly with horse-riders and approach with caution on blind corners and descents. Remember - Be Nice, Say Hi!
- Avoid Disturbing Animals Farm, pet and wild animals are startled by sudden noise, be considerate.
- Always Plan Ahead Know your bike, your equipment, your ability and the area, and wear appropriate safety gear, and helmet.