Cycle Friendly Employer
Entrants are judged on their cycle-friendly culture, infrastructure and policies to achieve a gold, silver or bronze award. Successful nominees access bespoke, ongoing support from Cycling UK and join our prestigious network of cycle friendly employers.
Our accredited businesses are putting their staff and the environment first. We know many of you are too, and we’d love to see that recognised.
Find out how the Cycle Friendly Employer Accreditation works.
Take our free and easy self assessment. In just 12 minutes, you can show us the ways you support your staff to cycle. We’ll decide if you’re eligible and take it from there.
You can expect to be asked questions on things like:
- Cycle storage facilities
- Communication and incentives around cycling
- Objectives to increase workplace active travel
With your self assessment complete, eligible businesses will undergo an onsite or virtual audit. Our expert auditors will assess your facilities and communications against your self assessment answers and provide you with a detailed development report.
We recognise that workplaces come in all shapes and sizes, so you will only be assessed against the measures you can deliver.
The report highlights the positive steps you’ve taken, and suggests further improvements for you to keep the wheels turning towards a cycle friendly future.
With the audit complete, your accreditation will be confirmed with a bronze, silver or gold award.
As an officially accredited Cycle friendly employer, you'll access:
- A wall plaque for display on your premises
- A schedule of exclusive content to engage your staff and promote cycling throughout the calendar year
- A digital marketing and PR toolkit to showcase your achievement
Plus you’ll be connected with a network of the most cycle friendly employers across Europe.
Create a thriving culture by promoting cycling throughout your organisation
- Boost confidence with events and workplace challenges like Bike Week and Car Free Day
- Build enthusiasm by starting a cycle group at work
- Ensure your cycle parking, lockers and shower facilities are easily put to use by prioritising cyclists in your on-site signage and website.
- Secure cycle parking facilities
- Lockers, showers
- Pool bikes
Find out how some of our accredited business are encouraging cycle friendly infrastructure.
- Save your business and your colleagues money with the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working hours can boost cycling uptake by enabling your cyclists to travel in on quiet roads
- Liability insurance for peace of mind and protection
Our how to guides provide information on how to implement cycle friendly policies.
We've helped hundreds of organisations support thousands of employees to cycle more, and we're here to help you do the same.
At Cycling UK, everything we do is about our aim to get millions more people cycling. So no matter how big or small your organisation is, we can support you to get more of your colleagues riding more often so you can access the financial savings, health benefits and progress toward net zero that active travel can bring.
Whether you'd like to know more about the cycle friendly employer framework, request further details on our employer membership package, or if you simply have a question about workplace cycling, don't hesitate to reach out.