Cycle Friendly Employer
Entrants are judged on their cycle-friendly culture, infrastructure and policies to achieve a gold, silver or bronze award. Successful nominees access bespoke, ongoing support from Cycling UK and join our prestigious network of cycle friendly employers.
Our accredited businesses are putting their staff and the environment first. We know many of you are too, and we’d love to see that recognised.
1. Complete your self-assessment
Take our free and easy self assessment. In just 12 minutes, you can show us the ways you support your staff to cycle. We’ll decide if you’re eligible and take it from there.
You can expect to be asked questions on things like:
- Cycle storage facilities
- Communication and incentives around cycling
- Objectives to increase workplace active travel
2. Your site audit With your self assessment complete, eligible businesses will undergo an onsite or virtual audit. Our expert auditors will assess your facilities and communications against your self assessment answers and provide you with a detailed development report.
We recognise that workplaces come in all shapes and sizes, so you will only be assessed against the measures you can deliver.
The report highlights the positive steps you’ve taken, and suggests further improvements for you to keep the wheels turning towards a cycle friendly future.
3. Receiving your accreditation With the audit complete, your accreditation will be confirmed with a bronze, silver or gold award.
As an officially accredited Cycle friendly employer, you'll access:
- A wall plaque for display on your premises
- A schedule of exclusive content to engage your staff and promote cycling throughout the calendar year
- A digital marketing and PR toolkit to showcase your achievement
Plus you’ll be connected with a network of the most cycle friendly employers across Europe.