CTC Wednesday Run
15th Jan 2020
Oakley Community Centrehttps://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/56.086549,-firstname.lastname@example.org,-3.568420,17z
We start at 10a.m prompt from the Roseburn Path (on bridge above Glasgow Road) at Wester Coates Terrace
· Text your name to 07765696444 to join the ride, otherwise you will be following the ride as an individual excluded from my 'duty of care'.
· Please carry your emergency contact details, both on your person and in your bike bag. (enter details under ICE on your mobile and email it email@example.com ).
· For safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to: https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/page/guidelines-safe-riding
Note: "You are expected to keep up with the group. If you lag behind, you may be asked to make the effort to close the gap. If you are unable to do so, the back marker will advise the leader and they will discuss with you the best options to get home safely."
· Packed Lunch and spare inner tubes essential, lights in winter too.
We take the Roseburn Path and keep on route 1 out to the bridge for a stop at the carpark.
Crossing the bridge we take the coast path to Charlestown, then north to the A985, which we follow east for a wee way (cycle track) before turning north for Crossford by the 'Waggon Road'
Making a left / right turn we leave by the 'Lundin Road' which we follow to the bridge over railway path.
Fo;;ow the railway path for 2.5 miles leaving it for Oakley by Station Road.
The community centre is on the right of Station Road just before the A907.
We leavr by the A907 to Gowkhall, there turning left onto the B913 bfore taking a minor road to the right which we follow to the A823.
Go south now on the A283 to Wellwood where we will go through Townhill Park to connect with NCN route 1 which we will follow (d.v.) back to Inverkeithing, the bridge and coffee in Queensferry.
Then home (50miles).
· To view the route and/or download a GPX file, go to:
· For BBC weather forecast, go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5