Crystal Palace to Biggin Hill - and Beyond!
Had enough of Dennis? Us too - and the weather this weekend looks like NOT A STORM!
So come and ride really far with us. :)
As ever there are two crews -
- Party will ride 44km and do 588m of climbing at whatever pace
- Keen will ride 73km and do 1049m of climbing at 20-25kph
This Sunday 23 February
Meet at Cafe St Germain, Crystal Palace (loos and coffee!) at 10am for a sharpish departure at 10.30.
Meet at Cafe St Germain, Crystal Palace (loos and coffee!) at 9am for a sharpish departure at 9.30.
There's no set end time, but we usually expect to finish by about 3pm.
- This route is mostly on country lanes, once we get out of the London 'burbs.
- There will be hills, glorious hills! We all take hills at our own pace and meet at the top so don't worry - you won't get dropped.
- There will be time for a cuppa or a pint at the end (and probably somewhere en route as well, knowing us!)
Party: 44km (588m climbing) RideWithGPS Route
Keen: 73km (1049m climbing) RideWithGPS Route
Sign up to our mailing list to join our Whatsapp Group and get all the ride info as we organise them.
Alternatively, keep an eye on our Cycling UK page.
Our version of a cycling club means:
- A civilised start on the last Sunday of every month
- It's freeeeeee (except travel costs)
- Leaving from various different places across London
- Cycling in one of two groups; the Keen Crew (20-25kph, 60-100kms) or the Party Crew (whatever-kph, 40-60kms)
- No one gets left behind and it's totally non-competitive
- Weather dependant either arriving at a cosy pub, place to wild swim or someone’s house/boat
What to bring on our rides:
- A spare inner tube for your bike / puncture repair kit (one of us will have a pump)
- Whatever you need to take your wheel off to change a tyre
- A breathable waterproof top (this is Great Britain)
- Snacks - eat little and often (you're welcome to bring a sandwich or food for lunch - we try and find a shop en route as well)
- Water bottle
- And bike lights just in case in case!
See you out there!