This course includes:
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling
- Cleaning: degreasing and general lubrication
- Safety check (M-check)
- Brakes: cable and pad replacement, caliper adjustment
- Gears: cable replacement, lubrication, mech removal, replacement and positioning, indexing
- Transmission: chain set, pedal, chain ring and bottom bracket removal and replacement
- Transmission: cassette and free hub removal and replacement
- Headset: strip, lube and refit
- Wheels: trailside wheel truing; hub servicing, disc removal and replacement
- Tyres and tubes: puncture prevention and repair
- Lubrication: all items stripped and replaced through the course
- Wear and tear: managing your bike and extending component life
The Cycling UK Advanced Maintenance course is designed for the cycling enthusiast who is looking to develop their mechanical ability.
This course will benefit those who wish to confidently carry out servicing and repairs on their own bike or who may have a responsibility to look after the bikes of others. It will also broaden the skills and knowledge of trainees who deliver a basic level of tuition.
It is a two-day course, delivered by professionally qualified instructors who will demonstrate how to carry out a comprehensive range of cycle maintenance tasks and guide trainees through practical sessions.
On completion, you will receive the Cycling UK Advanced Maintenance certificate and the Park Tool Blue Book.
Please note that this course does not cover hydraulic brake bleeding, suspension maintenance, headset fitting or frame/thread facing or cutting.
Additionally, work will be completed on the trainees’ own bicycles. With the exception of cables and cable housing, replacement parts must be provided at the trainees’ own expense.
Click on the arrows icon below to open the full-size guide and to download your own copy.