This year we would like our AGM to help guide us on our campaigning priorities, how we might best market ourselves to prospective members, and how we develop programmes to help people to make cycling a part of their everyday life.
How you can help
As we head towards our 2018 AGM, our staff and Trustee teams are seeking motions from our members. With your help, we can make our next AGM a truly progressive and clear-minded debate about the future of cycling.
All we need from you, by 1 February 2018, is the wording for your motion and a brief explanation giving the reason for your proposed motion. This must not exceed 200 words. Each Cycling UK member can submit a maximum of two motions at the AGM. Please use the form below to do this.
Then you as the ‘proposer’ of the motion just need the support of one other member to be the ‘seconder’ of your proposed motion. Finally, we’ll need you to join us at our AGM on 12 May to put your motion forward for debate and a vote.
How we can help
As you are drafting your motion we’d really like to hear from you to learn more about your ideas and to offer our help and guidance. There is a limit to the number of resolutions which can be properly considered at the AGM. We sometimes receive suggestions for motions that:
- cover the same ground or are confusingly similar
- are contradictory,
- appear to be based on a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge of the policy of Cycling UK, or
- are unclear.
We are keen to work with you to ensure that the AGM motions accurately reflect member concerns and help us ensure that the charity effectively achieves its aim of getting people cycling. (This may include airing issues where some members believe the charity’s policy should change.)
Please do get in touch with us via email@example.com (including in the subject “Draft AGM motion 2018”) or you can give us a call on 01483 238 301.
Below is the 2018 AGM Motion form and Draft papers for your reference from the 2017 AGM
- 2018 AGM Motion Form
- 2017 AGM Agenda and 2016 Minutes as printed in the April/May issue of Cycle.
- Paper 1 - Briefing note discussed at the January 2017 Board meeting showing feed-back from the draft Memorandum and Articles consultation with members.
- Paper 2 - Draft Memorandum and Articles showing track changes as a result of consultation, discussed in detail at the January 2017 Board meeting.
- Paper 3 - FINAL Memorandum and Articles as per Special Resolution 4 on the 2017 AGM Agenda and Voting Form.
- Document showing submitted Motions that have been rule out of order.
- Accounts 2015/16.
- 2017 ERS Voting Results.