Is it a footpath or a bridleway?
85% of our off-road survey respondents said the current rights of way system makes it hard to put together a route.
We need photos as evidence to show how illogical the current rights of way system is and why the changes in Wales will have such a big impact.
Cycling UK is looking for photos of the everyday frustrations of off-road riding to use in our campaigning.
- Have you ever found yourself riding along a bridleway which spits you out onto a busy road and then continues as a footpath on the other side?
- Bewildered by two trails which look identical on the ground, but you’re only allowed to ride on one of them?
- Or slogged your way through a muddy quagmire on a bridleway looking enviously at the dry footpath a few metres away?
Whether you live in Wales (or England or Northern Ireland), you can help us make sure these changes happen by sending us your examples.
Send us your photos
Please email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a precise location. You can do this using an OS grid reference or online:
- Go to Bing maps and change from ‘Road’ to ‘Ordnance Survey’ in the top right corner.
- Zoom to the location where you took the photo, right-click and copy the location reference to paste into your email.
Thanks for your help. With your support, Cycling UK can continue to push for wider off-road access for everyone.