Spokes Election Hustings #Holyrood2021
Event by Spokes, the Lothian Cycle Campaign, supported by Cycling UK in Scotland
Spokes has campaigned for cycling and wider sustainable transport in Edinburgh and the Lothians for nearly 50 years. They have an active membership of over 1000 people, both old and young, female and male.
Having run Hustings meetings at every election, the trend will continue although for 2021 the event will be hosted online.
One candidate from each of the five parties currently represented in the Scottish Parliament will be invited to provide a five minute presentation to set out their party's position on transport, with particular reference to cycling.
The meeting will then be open for Q&A when all candidates will be given a chance to respond to your questions.
- Sarah Boyack - Scottish Labour (Lothian)
- Ash Denham - Scottish National Party (Edinburgh Eastern)
- Alison Jonhstone - Scottish Greens (Lothian and Edinburgh Central)
- Jill Reilly - Scottish Liberal Democrats (Edinburgh Eastern)
- Iain Whyte – Scottish Conservative and Unionist (Midlothian North and Musselburgh)
Some speakers are still to be confirmed, check back for further details nearer the event.
- Thursday 15 April, 7.30pm - 9:15pm
- Streamed on GoToWebinar (please register in advance)
- Q&A with the guests
- Free to attend
If you wish to submit a question in advance, please email Spokes
Last month Spokes hosted a public meeting Spaces for People - the future which engaged over 150 participants online, which you can watch back.