All training courses are currently suspended
As we have now taken the decision to cancel all group activities, it means we have unfortunately had to take the decision to suspend all training courses, initially until August 31st.
We hope to be able to deliver training courses after the end of August, once government advice permits us to.
Please get in touch with the Training Team if you have any queries about future courses or current bookings.
This course includes:
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling.
- Cleaning – degreasing and general lubrication.
- Safety check (M-Check).
- Brakes – cable & pad replacement, calliper adjustment.
- Gears - cable replacement, lubrication, mech removal, replacement and positioning, indexing.
- Transmission – chain set, pedal, chainring and bottom bracket removal and replacement.
- Transmission - cassette and free hub removal and replacement.
- Headset - strip, lube and refit.
- Wheels – trailside wheel truing; disc removal and replacement.
- Tyres & tubes – puncture prevention & repair.
- Lubrication - all items stripped and replaced through the course.
- Wear and tear - managing your bike and extending component life.
The Cycling UK Advanced Maintenance Course is designed for the cycling enthusiast who is looking to develop their mechanical ability.
This course will benefit those who wish to confidently carry out servicing and repairs on their own bike or who may have a responsibility to look after the bikes of others. It will also broaden the skills and knowledge of trainees who deliver a basic level of tuition.
It is a 2-day course, delivered by professionally qualified instructors who will demonstrate how to a comprehensive range of cycle maintenance tasks and guide trainees through practical sessions.
On completion, you will receive the Cycling UK Advanced Maintenance Certificate and the Park Tool Blue Book.
Please note that this course does not cover hydraulic brake bleeding, suspension maintenance, headset fitting or frame / thread facing or cutting.
Additionally, work will be completed on the trainee’s own bicycles. With the exception of cables and cable housing, replacement parts must be provided at the trainee’s own expense.
Basic and Trailside Maintenance or Higher.
MTB Leader Award .
First Aid Courses.
1 Day First Aid in the Outdoors.
2 Day First Aid in the Outdoors.
Both Courses have been developed with Cyclists in mind.