All training courses are current suspended
As we have now taken the decision to cancel all group activities, it means we have unfortunately had to take the decision to suspend all training courses, initially until May 31st.
We hope to be able to deliver training courses after the end of April, once government advice permits us to.
Please get in touch with the Training Team if you have any queries about future courses or current bookings.
On this Basic Maintenance Course, you will learn:
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling
- Correct use of tools and lubricants
- Degreasing, cleaning and lubrication
- Pre-ride equipment checks
- Brakes - cable adjustment and pad/block adjustment and replacement - for caliper, V-brake and disc brakes
- Gears - indexing, cable adjustment, limit adjustment
- Transmission - chain repair and replacement
- Headset adjustment
- Wheels - punctures, tyre repair
- Emergency repairs - dealing with what can go wrong during a ride
Basic mechanical knowledge is a vital part of providing any kind of bike ride or cycling activity. Cycling UK's Basic Maintenance course gives you the skills you need to prepare bikes safely for riding, and to fix the most common problems that occur during the course of a ride - on or off the road.
The course is hands-on. You'll be working on bikes, getting your hands dirty and learning by doing.
£125 (£112.50 for Cycling UK members)