Technical Mountain Bike Leader
Cycling UK’s Technical Mountain Bike Leader course covers:
- Riding on technical ground
- Managing your group in technical ground: developing skills and identifying hazards
- Navigating accurately and in detail
- Dealing with mechanical incidents with a wide variety of trailside repairs and fixes
- Motivating, engaging and educating your group members
- Delivering skills development sessions for your participants as part of rides
Extending your knowledge and skills from your Cycling UK Mountain Bike Trail Leader course, the Technical Mountain Bike Leader course enables you to guide riders into technical and demanding terrain.
This course is widely recognised as one of the benchmarks of competence with the outdoor education and activity industries – including holiday guides, teachers, youth workers and multi-activity instructors in the UK and abroad.
See our grading guide for information on what routes this qualification will allow you to lead on.
Click on the arrows icon below to open the full-size guide and to download your own copy.
A new award has been developed with the European organisation of Mountain Bike Instructors – Guides (E0-MTBInG) and in association with the Association of British Mountain Bike Guides.
Cycling UK has worked together with MIAS, MBCUK to develop a European Licence for MTB Guides.
The Expedition Module covers all aspects of multi-day riding.