Cycle Advocacy Network in England
With record investment in cycling, walking and wheeling; alongside the formation of Active Travel England in 2022, the Government are making strides to deliver 'Gear Change' - a bold vision for cycling and walking. However, it's vital we continue to speak out and pressure local authorities to deliver the infrastructure we desperately need and connect communities across England.
Cycling UK wants to support and grow the movement of people speaking up for cycling in locations across England. We’re here to help you raise your voice and call for positive change in your local area.
Find out more about the Cycle Advocacy Network and join us on the journey to get more people cycling.
Find a local group or campaign where you are
You don’t need to be a member of Cycling UK to get involved or start a group - we support any group we can regardless of their affiliations.
See our map for what’s happening near you:
Please get in touch if your existing campaign group isn’t on the map - we would love to include it.
Cycling UK's Cycle Advocacy Network (CAN) has a range of resources, events and tools that are open to all.
Join us on the journey to get more people cycling.
Partner with CAN - for FREE - and get:
- Recognition for your group on our CAN England map
- Ongoing contact with the Cycling UK campaigns team, and access to our regular CAN Partner Group webinar
- A chance to participate in the national conversation: share your local experiences and join with national initiatives
- Use of the Cycling UK and CAN logos on formal submissions, consultation responses and funding bids
- Access to the CAN Forum for one or more of your members – the hive mind of cycle campaigners across the UK
You could additionally affiliate your group with Cycling UK to take advantage of our insurance cover for your rides and events.
All groups have access to the public resources, events and surgery sessions in the UK-wide Cycle Advocacy Network.
For more information contact Cycling UK's officer for CAN in England, Zak Viney.