By Cycling UK
The treasurer holds and accounts for any money collected in the name of the group.
They should do this by:
- opening a bank account in the name of the group;
- processing any membership fees both incoming and outgoing on behalf of the group;
- preparing an Annual Statement of Accounts for audit and presentation to the AGM of the group. The statement should include a list of group's assets with current values;
For Cycling UK Member Groups, the treasurer should:
- prepare an Annual Statement of Accounts for audit and presentation to the AGM of the group. The Statement should include:
- a list of group's assets with current values; and
- summaries of the accounts of any groups who have opted to share accounting procedures;
- liaise with the honorary auditor appointed by the group;
- complete an annual Subscription Allocation Claim and submit it to the finance manager at Cycling UK National Office;
- submit a claim for Special Allocation Funding if so required by the group.
- return any monies to Cycling UK on dissolution of the group.