Raffle terms and conditions
Thank you for supporting Cycling UK. These terms and conditions refer to online and phone entry to our New Year Raffle.
1. The Cycling UK New Year is open to all Great Britain residents over the age of 16, except employees (and their families) of Cycling UK and any partners or companies directly involved in the running of the raffle.
2. Online entries close at 11.59pm on 25 September 2023. Postal entries close on the 20 Wednesday 2023. Any entries received after closing will be treated as donations and will not be entered into the draw.
3.The cost of each ticket entry into the Summer Holiday Raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100) per draw. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date.
4.No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
5.If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
6. Participation in this raffle can be made via returning postal tickets via cheque, debit or credit card or through the raffle website with payment by credit or debit card, where entrants will be notified by email of their ticket numbers. Some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for raffle ticket payments. Please check with your provider before paying for raffle tickets.
7.Raffle tickets will be entered into the raffle only when the whole payment is received.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the draw to be disrupted or corrupted.
9.The winners will be selected at random from all entries received to this competition.
10. The winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on Wednesday 27 September 2023. If the winner is unable to confirm their details within one week of the draw closing, they will forfeit their prize in its entirety to an alternative winner. Promoter reserves the right reuse the unclaimed prize for other future Cycling UK raffles.
11. If a winner is unable to take up a prize, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner and the first winner will not be eligible for any share of the prize.
12. The names of the winners will be published on the Cycling UK website or/and Cycle magazine.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative will be available.
14. Events may occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Cycling UK’s control, which may at its discretion vary or amend the promotion. No liability shall be attached to Cycling UK as a result thereof.
15. Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize in descending order.
16. Prizes are allocated as follows:
- 1X weeklong holiday for two at Le Moulin De Chemin in 2024. Includes food, accommodation, and bike hire (travel excluded) worth £3,000
- 1X Halfords family adventure bundle including 2 Carrera Vulcan mountain bikes, a kids bike and accessories worth over £1,170
- 1XIslabikes Luath kids bike worth £999.99
- 1X Garmin Varia RCT715 Radar Camera taillight worth £349.99
- 1X 2 Eurostar tickets to Paris including bike transport worth £330
- 1X Stolen Goat Summer Kit bundle worth £230
- 1X RAB Cycling jacket worth £220
- 10X Artist Eliza Southwood’s Cycle More poster and sudocream set worth £200
- 1X Cotswold Outdoor voucher worth £200
- 2X Hindsight Rear View Cycling Glasses worth £200
- 1X 1 Years supply of Pelotan suncream and Bidon worth £120
- 1X Singletrack Premium Subscription and a years supply of bum butter worth £144
- 1X Gtechniq ultimate bike cleaning kit worth £139.95
- 1X YHA £50 accommodation voucher, membership subscription and merchandise worth £100#
- 3X Komoot adventure bundles containing a year’s subscription and goodie bag worth £60
- 2X YHA membership and merchandise bundle worth £50
17. In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, The Promoter reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the Promoter deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
18. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
19. If you do not want Cycling UK to contact you about its activities, products or services, please use one of the following methods to unsubscribe or tailor what communications you receive: a) use the unsubscribe link found in the footer of all of our emails. b) contact email@example.com or call 01483 238301. If you have any queries about the use Cycling UK makes of your data, please write to the Data Controller at the address below.
20. Entry into the Summer Holiday 2023 Raffle implies acceptance of these terms.
Promoter: Cycling UK, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, GU2 9JX. Cycling UK is a trading name of Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC) a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no: 25185. Registered as a charity in England and Wales Charity No: 1147607 and in Scotland Charity No: SC042541.
Cyclists’ Touring Club is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 34954.
Cyclists' Touring Club license and account is displayed on the Public Register of licence holders: https://registers.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/34954
Cycling UK is licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain to promote a lottery under the 2005 Gambling Act, Gambling Commission Licence no: 000-034954-N-316357-009. Responsible person: Georgina Cox.
The Summer Holiday Raffle is intended to be a fun way of helping to raise awareness and funds for Cycling UK. However, we are committed to operating the raffle in a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information or help with problem gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the Be Gamble Aware website.
If you feel that you have a gambling problem, you can self-exclude yourself from any Cycling UK raffle activity. Please email or write to us asking to be excluded using the contact details above.
We will flag the self-exclusion on your record as a suppression on our database for a minimum period of six months during which time you will not be able to participate in any Cycling UK gaming activity. We will not send you any information directly related to raffles or gaming during this time.
How the draw works
Every ticket sold is logged onto our online CRM system, against the ticket purchaser's name. A random ticket number generator, overseen by James Newman and an additional witness, is then used to generate the winners. Winners are then notified the same day from the draw.