Raffle terms and conditions
Raffle terms and conditions
Cyclists’ Touring Club is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 34954.
Cyclists' Touring Club license and account is displayed on the Public Register of licence holders: https://registers.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/34954
Cycling UK is licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain to promote a lottery under the 2005 Gambling Act, Gambling Commission Licence no: 000-034954-N-316357-009. Responsible person: Georgina Cox.
Thank you for supporting Cycling UK. These terms and conditions refer to online, phone and postal entry to our raffle.
1. The Cycling UK Summer Raffle is open to all Great Britain residents over the age of 16, except employees (and their families) of Cycling UK and any partners or companies directly involved in the running of the raffle
2. Online entries close at 11.59pm on September 30th. Postal entries must be received by Monday 26 September to be counted. The deadline to order paper ticket books for postal entry is 05/09/22. You can order raffle books if you didnt receive one by contacting email@example.com or calling our membership team on 01483-238301. Postal entries must be returned to Cycling UK Monday 26 September to allow time for processing. The draw will take place on Monday 3 October. Any entries received after closing will be treated as donations and will not be entered intothe draw.
3.The cost of each ticket entry into the Summer Raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one ticket but the maximum number of tickets is one hundred (£100) per draw. Payment to enter the raffle must be made in advance of the draw date.
4.No tickets can be sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 years. The Promoter reserves the right to carry out age verification checks.
5.If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 16 he/she will be exempt from the raffle and will forfeit his/her prize and the stake will be returned.
6. Participation in this raffle can be made by through this website with payment by credit or debit card, where entrants will be notified by email of their ticket numbers. Some credit card providers may charge a cash advance fee for raffle ticket payments. Please check with your provider before paying for raffle tickets using this method. Entrants may also return ticket stubs in the post with payment by credit/debit card or cheque.
7.Raffle tickets will be entered into the raffle only when the whole payment is received.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the draw to be disrupted or corrupted.
9.The winners will be selected at random from all entries received to this competition.
10. The winners will be notified by telephone and/or email on Monday 3 October 2022. If the winner is unable to confirm their details within one week of the draw closing, they will forfeit their prize in its entirety to an alternative winner. Promoter reserves the right reuse the unclaimed prize for other future Cycling UK raffles.
11. If a winner is unable to take up a prize, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner and the first winner will not be eligible for any share of the prize.
12. The names of the winners will be published on the Cycling UK website and Cycle magazine. All winners are required to co-operate with The Promoter’s right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
13. The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative will be available.
14. Events may occur that render the promotion or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Cycling UK’s control, which may at its discretion vary or amend the promotion. No liability shall be attached to Cycling UK as a result thereof.
15. Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn from the first prize in descending order.
16. Prizes are allocated as follows:
1st Prize: Raleigh e-bike: £1,699.00
2nd Prize:Garmin New Varia tail light RCT715 and Edge 1040 solar bundle total: £1,329.97
3rd prize £500 cash (paid to the winner by cheque)
4th Prize: Rapha commuter jacket and small travel backpack: £200
If the Rapha prize is out of stock in the requested size or colour, a voucher of equal value will be provided.
6th Prize: Ison Distribution passport bike packing set (seat pack, frame bag, bar bag and top tube bag) : up to £174.99
7th Prize Halfords gift voucher: £150
- Halfords Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards are redeemable against any goods or services online, in our stores and/or in our garages.
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed against the purchase of another Gift Card.
- You may hold up to a total of £1000 on a Gift Card at any one time.
- You may use a combination of up to three separate Halfords Gift Cards in one transaction online. You may redeem as many as you like in store.
- Halfords Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- The balance of the Gift Card cannot be returned in cash in the event of theft, loss or damage. The unredeemed balance will remain on the card.
- No change, vouchers or refunds will be given on any remaining balance.
- Gifts Cards can be used as full or partial payment, but cannot be used in conjunction with finance.
- A Gift Card will expire 24 months after its last use without notice and any balance cannot be refunded.
- Gift Cards and e-Gift Cards are issued by Halfords Ltd. B98 0DE.
- Halfords reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.
8th Prize: BZ Optics glasses (of the winner’s choice, excluding prescription glasses up to £119.99)
9th Prize Cycling UK X Stolen Goat short sleeve jersey and matching arm warmers in either the heritage or modern design :£105
10th Prize Cotswold Outdoor lower alpine airzone spirit backpack: £85
11th Prize: Heliocare sun cream bundle: £59.99
12th Prize: 5x KTV DRIVE pair Bike Lights: £39.60
13th Prize 5x Cycling UK Bandidos: £9.99
17. Please note prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or credit
18. The result of the Summer Raffle is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. Please keep the allocated raffle number as proof of purchase.
20. In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, The Promoter reserves the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the Promoter deems it appropriate and/or feasible it will notify entrants of the error.
21. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
22. If you do not want Cycling UK to contact you about its activities, products or services, please use one of the following methods to unsubscribe or tailor what communications you receive: a) use the unsubscribe link found in the footer of all of our emails. b) contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 238301. If you have any queries about the use Cycling UK makes of your data, please write to the Data Controller at the address below.
23. Entry into the Summer Raffle 2022 implies acceptance of these terms.
Promoter: Cycling UK, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, GU2 9JX. Cycling UK is a trading name of Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC) a company limited by guarantee, registered in England no: 25185. Registered as a charity in England and Wales Charity No: 1147607 and in Scotland Charity No: SC042541.
The Summer Raffle is intended to be a fun way of helping to raise awareness and funds for Cycling UK. However, we are committed to operating the raffle in a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information or help with problem gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the Be Gamble Aware website.
If you feel that you have a gambling problem, you can self-exclude yourself from any Cycling UK raffle activity. Please email or write to us asking to be excluded using the contact details above.
We will flag the self-exclusion on your record as a suppression on our database for a minimum period of six months during which time you will not be able to participate in any Cycling UK gaming activity. We will not send you any information directly related to raffles or gaming during this time.
How the draw works
Every ticket sold is logged onto our online CRM system, against the ticket purchaser's name. A random ticket number generator, overseen by our Georgina Cox and an additional witness, is then used to generate the winners. Winners are then notified the same day from the draw.