When you become a Life Member of Cycling UK, you'll receive an exclusive embossed Life Membership card with your name and the date you joined.
The cost of Life Membership of Cycling UK is based on current subscription rates with a discount based on age and how long you have been a member.
To calculate the rate for you, start with 25 times the annual Adult subscription rate, (as from the 1st October 2019, £48.00), a total of £1,200.00
Then combine these two factors:
- 1 % ( = £12.00) for every full year of age up to 71; and
- 0.5 % (= £6.00) for every full year subscription paid by the member.
For example: Mr Allen is 65 years old, and has been a Cycling UK member since he was 25. He calculates the cost of Life Membership as follows:
- Start total: £1,200.00
- Reduction for Mr Allen's age: (1% x 65 years) 65% of £1,200.00 = £780.00
- Reduction for Mr Allen's yearly subscriptions paid: (0.5% x 40) 20% of £1,200.00 = £240.00
- Total reduction (£780.00 + £240.00) = £1,020.00
Total cost of Life Membership to Mr Allen (£1,200.00 - £1,020.00) = £180.00
How do I apply for Life Membership?
Please contact the Membership Team on 01483 238301 to make a payment by credit/debit card or alternatively please send a copy of the completed application form to the address below with a cheque made payable to ‘Cyclists Touring Club’.
Cycling UK Membership, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, Surrey GU2 9JX
If you have any queries regarding your quote or wish to discuss anything in relation to your membership do not hesitate to contact the Membership Team.