CTC Coventry is a friendly and varied group of touring cyclists of all ages who have a shared enjoyment of fellowship and the great outdoors.
New members of all abilities are always welcome, so come along and join us on one of our regular rides. Our experienced leaders will show you the best country lanes in the lovely countryside of Warwickshire and surrounding counties with stops in a selection of our many cafés.
The regular rides programme is interspersed with special events and tours of varying length and in the winter we have a fortnightly clubroom evening.
Information about our activities is posted on our very comprehensive website, https://coventryctc.org.uk and last minute details are circulated in our weekly bulletin, for which you can sign up at https://coventryctc.org.uk/subscribe-to-the-newsletter.
It is 100-years since our foundation in 2021. To celebrate this special milestone we have planned a full programme of centenary events which can be viewed on our website at: https://coventryctc.org.uk/centenary. We have also published a commemorative booklet, which can be ordered or downloaded from https://coventryctc.org.uk/centenary-booklet-request
- Sunday rides: meet at the Coventry War Memorial Park. During the covid crisis rides are pre-booked in groups with a maximum size of six and staggered starts between 9am and 9.30am.
- Sunday all day ride of 50-miles returning by 4pm in the winter, or up to 80-miles returning by 6pm in the summer. Busy riders often return home after the morning break.
- Sunday 40-mile ride with a café break, returning by 2pm.
- Sunday a shorter ride, usually less than 30-miles with a café break, returning by 1pm.
- Tuesday rides: meet at a variety of cafés between 10.15am and 11am, before riding about 20-miles to lunch. The ride returns towards Coventry with riders leaving the group at a convenient point.
- Women only rides: A monthly Sunday ride and a pop-up mid-week ride.Regular Women's Rides on the First Sunday of the month from February and weekly pop up rides.
- Tours: Weekend and longer tours are organised in the UK and abroad in all variations from fixed base to moving on. We use the whole range of accommodation from camping to hotels.
- Social program: including a fortnightly winter slide show and Christmas Dinner.
- Campaigning: we liaise with local councils to improve cycling provision.
- Special events: Since 2001 we have organised a Triennial Veterans 100-mile event. These rides are nationally co-ordinated events run every three years by local groups for members over 50-years old.
Rides may include non-technical off-road sections.
Full details of all rides and activities are set out in our weekly bulletin published by email on a Wednesday evening. Please subscribe to the bulletin (free) through our website at: https://coventryctc.org.uk/subscribe-to-the-newsletter.