Based in the Scottish Borders near Eyemouth. Friendly social cycle, adults only and most Sundays. You are welcome to join us for 2 taster sessions and then you are required to purchase Cycling UK membership either individually or via this group affiliation at the discounted rate of £28pa.
I started the group back in 2015 by encouraging a few mates to join me for motivation and building up mileage. From these good strong group foundations we have become a well known local social cycling group.
My group cycling principles have always been the same and are all focused around being caring, kind and compassionate and I expect the same behaviour from anyone who joins us. As a road group we try to ask that you are comfortable cycling for two hours and can maintain a minimum speed of 10mph (any reasonably fit adult can do this) however, if you are unsure, please join us. If you do then discover you are struggling you will never be left to find your own way, we always ensure that everyone is safely back to the finish.
Below are the essential items you will need to cycle with us. We also have a sign up procedure before you can join any ride which will be detailed on our Facebook page each week.
- Helmet ,suitable clothing and appropriate footwear.
- Puncture repair kit (please check you have the correct tube/tyre combo) even if you are not sure how to use the kit we can only assist if you have the correct spares!
- Bicycle (road or hybrid) that's maintained and in good working order. We only cycle on the roads so a mountain bike would be hard work.
- Water and a snack (energy bar type) - our rides are 2 hours or thereabouts. You may not feel you need a snack but it's good discipline to always carry something in case of unforeseen circumstances.
- A bit of cash for an emergency, and a coffee stop.
- Emergency contact details.
Sunday mornings - see Facebook page for details.