What does Cyclox do?
We campaign to put cycling at the heart of Oxford’s future.
Our aim is to get more people cycling, more often, and more safely.
Our activities are underpinned by two strategic objectives:
•Attractive and healthy streets enjoyed by all
- Low traffic schemes around schools
- Car-free days in residential areas
- Improving air quality
- Preventing parking on pavements and in cycle lanes
•Safe, connected cycle networks
- Influencing development plans and responding to consultations
- Traffic control points as set out in Oxfordshire’s Local Transport Plan (LTP4)
- Adopting proposals made in the Oxford City Centre Movement and Public Realm Strategy
- Volunteer scheme for siding out and clearing paths
•We work with key decision makers especially city and county councils to ensure cycling gets the attention it deserves.
•We prepare detailed responses to planning and transport consultations.
•We partner with active transport and low-carbon groups and engage with the local community to inform, encourage, and support change.
•We hold meetings, organise conferences, run stalls at festivals and events, co-ordinate and lead bike rides in Bike Week.