Fundraise for us
An online fundraising platform where you can raise money for a charity and share your page on social media in just a few minutes. You are able to personalise your fundraiser page which people will be able to donate to your fundraising effort. Just Giving vast amounts offers fundraising tips and ideas. Just follow the steps below to create your page for a charity:
- Create and log into your account and click ‘Start Fundraising'.
- When asked 'Are you fundraising for a registered charity?', select 'Yes, continue'.
- Search for Cycling UK
- Let us know whether you're taking part in an event, celebrating an occasion, fundraising in memory or doing your own thing.
- If you can't see your event listed, select ‘Add your own’ at the bottom of the page and tell us a bit more about your activity.
- Choose your web address – this is the link you’ll be sharing with friends and family when asking them to donate.
- Tick 'Yes' if you're running a bake sale, or selling tickets to an event, raffle or auction. Donations to your Page won't be eligible for Gift Aid. Find out more here.
- Click ‘Create your page’
Give a Car
Give a Car is an initiative which was set up to recycle your old cars whilst raising money for charity.
- Tell Give A Car about your unwanted car or motorbike. They will arrange to collect it for free.
- Depending on its condition, your vehicle will either be auctioned or scrapped.
- Let them know your chosen charity is Cycling UK and Give a Car will donate the proceeds to the charity and send you a receipt.
Facebook has a wonderful way in which you can now encourage your friends on Facebook to donate to your favourite charity. You can now create your own fundraiser for Cycling UK on Facebook. You set a target amount and can invite friends to support your fundraiser. An exciting feature of Facebook Donate is that once you create a fundraiser on Facebook you can also pledge to match donations to that fundraiser.
To create a fundraiser for Cycling UK, click here or follow these steps:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click 'Raise Money'.
- Select Cycling UK.
- Select a charitable organisation, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.