CTC Wednesday Run
DATE 14th August
We start at 10a.m prompt from Robin's Nest - Gilmerton Rd
· Text your name to 07765696444 to join the ride, otherwise you will be following the ride as an individual excluded from my 'duty of care'.
· Please carry your emergency contact details, both on your person and in your bike bag. (enter details under ICE on your mobile and email it firstname.lastname@example.org ).
· For safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to: https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/page/guidelines-safe-riding
Note: "You are expected to keep up with the group. If you lag behind, you may be asked to make the effort to close the gap. If you are unable to do so, the back marker will advise the leader and they will discuss with you the best options to get home safely."
· Packed Lunch and spare inner tubes essential, lights in winter too.
Starting from the Robin's Nest we take the road through Gilmerton and Dalkeith Country Park (toilets at the Restoration Yard) to Smeaton and over Cousland.
Then on to Humbie to take the road below the Lammermuirs to Garvald, before going south to Whiteadder
(search https://www.bing.com/maps for 55.861519,-2.534626)for a late lunch (35 miles).
Then it's back by Redstone Rig and Gifford and the Saltouns. Then the Penaitland cycle path to Crossgates, home by Dalkeith, Eskbank but stopping for tea at Dobbies. (64 miles back to RN).
(In the event of bad weather the run will be shortened).
I will be riding my other bike.
· For BBC weather forecast, go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5
Posted by: "Bill.Coppock" <email@example.com>
Reply via web post •Reply to sender •Reply to group •Start a New Topic •Messages in this topic (1)
To see safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to:
To review emails , go to
Any questions? contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on CTC insurance go to: http://www.cyclinguk.org/insurance