Traffic-free cycling skills sessions at Brooksbank Cycle circuit
Want to improve your bike skills or just keep your skills up to date over the winter? Come and join us for 6 weeks of cycling skills sessions at the traffic-free Brooksbank cycle circuit. Each week we will cover different skills and provide you with the opportunity to learn and ask questions from British Cycling qualified cycle coaches.
Don't have a bike or ability to transport your own bike? Don't worry, we are home to a Yorkshire Bank bike library where you can borrow a bike and a helmet for the session.
Each session runs from 11 am to 12 pm and each week will include;
- Welcome, how to check your bike and helmet, mounting, dismounting, points of contact and weight shift.
- Balance and coordination, starting and stopping (effective braking).
- Cornering and choosing the right gear
- Hills, ascending and descending
- Riding with others, leading and following
- Putting your skills into practice on the track.
The sessions are for women ages 16 years and upwards, all abilities welcome. Remember it will be cold so please wear appropriate clothing and gloves; bring a drink and something to eat if you want.
Interested? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form and we can provide more information.
Date and start time
- Saturday 11 January 2020 - 11:00
- Claire,Corinne,Jo and Emma
Book this event
- ££24.00 PP for 6 weeks