Thighs of Steel: London to Amsterdam
Join us for a week as we ride from London to Amsterdam!
This week is a cyclist’s dream, an absolute joy to ride and overflowing with ravishing scenery and historic sights. After flying through the gorgeous Kent countryside, we take a ferry to Dunkirk before gliding along the legendary cycle paths of Belgium and the Netherlands. And winding our way through no less than four countries means you’ll have the chance to sample the carby delights of four national cuisines!
- 5-11 July 2020
- Distance: 580km
- Climbing: 3000m
- Days Riding: 6
- Cost: £385 (payable in two instalments)
Included in the cost:
- 580km of carefully chosen roads with as little traffic as possible.
- Veggie breakfasts, lunches and dinners from the night before the ride begins until the morning after it ends.
- Calypso, our support vehicle, equipped with mini bike workshop, space for your belongings and an alfresco kitchen
- Somewhere to sleep every night! This ranges from adventurous wild camping spots, to a hostel with real actual beds in Amsterdam. We'll also find you a place to sleep on July 5th in London, before the start of the ride, if you'd like.
- A tent to sleep in.
- Ferry from UK to France.
We ride in small groups of 4-5 cyclists. It's totally non-competitive and we pride ourselves on being mega supportive to cyclists of all levels. There will be laughter and punctures and camping and carbs. People sometimes say it's the best week of their lives!
NOTE: This is a charity ride. You will be raising a minimum of £500 for some pretty awesome grassroots refugee organisations in the UK and Greece. Read more about why we ride on our Reason page.