CTC Wednesday Run
Stobo Village Hall
We start at 10a.m prompt from
Charwood Restaurant, Fairmilehead (formerly Tusitala)
· Text your name to 07765696444 to join the ride, otherwise you will be following the ride as an individual excluded from my 'duty of care'.
· Please carry your emergency contact details, both on your person and in your bike bag. (enter details under ICE on your mobile and email it firstname.lastname@example.org ).
· For safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to: https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/page/guidelines-safe-riding
Note: "You are expected to keep up with the group. If you lag behind, you may be asked to make the effort to close the gap. If you are unable to do so, the back marker will advise the leader and they will discuss with you the best options to get home safely."
· Packed Lunch and spare inner tubes essential, lights in winter too.
From Fairmilehead we cross the bypass and take the Bush road out to Gowkley Moss and Auchendinny for a toilet stop.
Then the cycle path through Penicuik to join the Moss road to West Linton, Romanno Bridge and down the Lyne valley to the A72 which we follow to Hallyne.
Then its a straight road to Stobo Village Hall. (25 Miles)
After lunch, back to the A72 to go by the Meldons to Eddleston, then the Peebles road to the Gladhouse turn off for Carrington, Esk Bank and tea at Dobbies. (26 miles).
(Note: in the event of a strong southwesterly breeze we might do this in reverse and avoid the struggle against the wind to West Linton).
· To view the route and/or download a GPX file, go to:
· For BBC weather forecast, go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5