Learn to Cycle workshop for families - morning
2 hour fun course that introduces the basics of how to balance on a bike and pedal without stabilisers. Suitable for children aged 4+. Bring your own bike and helmet.
This is a very popular workshop with limited FREE places today thanks to the support of Big Bike Revival. Please register children in advance using the web link.
The session is led by a qualified national standards cycle instructor, with a maximum of 6 children practising together. Our staff work alongside parents and carers showing you how to help your child master the skills of balance and then (hopefully) to pedal without support.
The session will include demonstration of the following:-
- Basic M safety check of bike
- Minor mechanical adjustments
- Helmet fitting
- Removal of pedals
- Scooting using just feet to make the bike go
- Replace the pedals once balance is developed
- Hold the child not the bike to encourage them to pedal
- Be aware of hazards such as other cyclists, walkers, dogs and balls