Fala Village Hall
CTC Wednesday Run
Fala Village Hall
We start at 10a.m prompt from
Charwood Restaurant, Fairmilehead (formerly Tusitala)
· Text your name to 07765696444 to join the ride, otherwise you will be following the ride as an individual excluded from my 'duty of care'.
· Please carry your emergency contact details, both on your person and in your bike bag. (enter details under ICE on your mobile and email it email@example.com ).
· For safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to: https://www.cyclinguk.org/group/page/guidelines-safe-riding
Note: "You are expected to keep up with the group. If you lag behind, you may be asked to make the effort to close the gap. If you are unable to do so, the back marker will advise the leader and they will discuss with you the best options to get home safely."
· Packed Lunch and spare inner tubes essential, lights in winter too.
From Fairmilehead we will take the route by Damhead Holdings to Auchendinny (using the pavement of the A701 to void Gowkley roundabout.)
On towards Howgate, before which we will take the left turn to Mount Lothian and Upperside.
The north to Riseberry and round the reservoir to Yorkston , Outerston, Castleton and over the hill to Halkerston, the Lime works Middleton to briefly join the A7 south.
We make the left turn on the B road through Tynehead to cross the A68 and take the minor roads to Fala Village Hall 25miles
From Fala to Humbie and up the road to turn left at Petersmuir Wood for East Saltoun and Pencaitland.
We stay on the A6093 past Ormiston to Fordel Dean, and a loop by Cousland and Crossgates to take us through Dalkeith to coffee at Dobbies. 47 miles
· To view the route and/or download a GPX file, go to:
· For BBC weather forecast, go to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5