Crystal Palace to Biggin Hill - and Beyond!
Had enough of Dennis? Us too - and the weather this weekend looks like NOT A STORM!
So come and ride really far with us. :)
As ever there are two crews -
- Party will ride 44km and do 588m of climbing at whatever pace
- Keen will ride 73km and do 1049m of climbing at 20-25kph
This Sunday 23 February
Meet at Cafe St Germain, Crystal Palace (loos and coffee!) at 10am for a sharpish departure at 10.30.
Meet at Cafe St Germain, Crystal Palace (loos and coffee!) at 9am for a sharpish departure at 9.30.
There's no set end time, but we usually expect to finish by about 3pm.
- This route is mostly on country lanes, once we get out of the London 'burbs.
- There will be hills, glorious hills! We all take hills at our own pace and meet at the top so don't worry - you won't get dropped.
- There will be time for a cuppa or a pint at the end (and probably somewhere en route as well, knowing us!)
Alternatively, keep an eye on our Cycling UK page.
Our version of a cycling club means:
- A civilised start on the last Sunday of every month
- It's freeeeeee (except travel costs)
- Leaving from various different places across London
- Cycling in one of two groups; the Keen Crew (20-25kph, 60-100kms) or the Party Crew (whatever-kph, 40-60kms)
- No one gets left behind and it's totally non-competitive
- Weather dependant either arriving at a cosy pub, place to wild swim or someone’s house/boat
What to bring on our rides:
- A spare inner tube for your bike / puncture repair kit (one of us will have a pump)
- Whatever you need to take your wheel off to change a tyre
- A breathable waterproof top (this is Great Britain)
- Snacks - eat little and often (you're welcome to bring a sandwich or food for lunch - we try and find a shop en route as well)
- Water bottle
- And bike lights just in case in case!
See you out there!
Date and start time
- Sunday 23 February 2020 - 09:00