We start at 10a.m prompt from
Charwood Restaurant, Fairmilehead (formerly Tusitala)
· Text your name to 07765696444 to join the ride, otherwise you will
be following the ride as an individual excluded from my 'duty of care'.
· Please carry your emergency contact details, both on your person
and in your bike bag. (enter details under ICE on your mobile and email
it email@example.com ).
· For safety guidelines and advice on riding with a group, go to:
Note: "You are expected to keep up with the group. If you lag
behind, you may be asked to make the effort to close the gap. If you are
unable to do so, the back marker will advise the leader and they will
discuss with you the best options to get home safely."
· Packed Lunch and spare inner tubes essential, lights in winter too.
From Fairmilehead we cross to Colinton, and make for Balerno to pick up
the Lang Whan.
Assisted by the projected east wind we will follow it to Carnwath to
swing through Quothquan to the park in Biggar,
(approaching by Gasworks Road at the Cross Keys pub) sometime after 1pm.
https://goo.gl/maps/r9j7vGyDtvEx4rFk9 (34 miles)
From Lunch we travel south on the Boghall road turning left at
Knowehead for Broughton. There we go South on the A701 for a mile before
turning east for Drumelzier and Stobo heading for the Lyne valley,
Romanno Bridge and tea at Whitmuir, then home by Auchendinny (67miles)
and various routes thereafter.
Weather looks good.
· To view the route and/or download a GPX file, go to:
· For BBC weather forecast, go to: