Routes and Roots competition
The Maritime Heritage Trail takes riders on a journey of discovery through Belfast. Developed as part of Cycling UK’s Routes and Roots project, the trail connects the communities of East Belfast and Sailortown, and highlights how industries of the past shaped places and people. It's a perfect family-friendly route, much of it using off-road cycling infrastructure, and is around four miles in length.
We’ve got a rear light from See.Sense (worth £44.99) to give away for our favourite photo taken on the route.
How to enter
Ride the Maritime Heritage Trail and post a photograph from your ride on Twitter by 31 July, using the hashtag #RoutesAndRoots. Make sure you are following the Cycling UK Northern Ireland Twitter account @CyclingUK_NI.
We look forward to seeing your photos!
Terms and conditions
- The competition opens on 23 June, 2021.
- Photo submissions close 23:59 BST on 31 July, 2021.
- The competition will close at 23:59 BST on 31 July, 2021.
- There will be one competition winner chosen from the cumulated social media entries. They will receive a See.Sense ACE rear light.
- The winner may have their contact details passed to the prize provider in order to fulfil their prize. Cycling UK will contact the winner to confirm consent before passing on their data.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- The competition is open to persons aged 18 years or over.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The winner will be notified by email within 14 days of the closing date above, and will have until 21 August 2021 to confirm and claim their prize. If the winner is unable to confirm their details by this date, they forfeit their prize. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The best image will be selected by Cycling UK. Cycling UK will have the final say on the winner.
- By submitting your photograph in this competition, you are renouncing any claim to copyright of the photograph. Any photographs that are deemed inappropriate, or to be infringing on the copyright of others, will be removed from consideration.
- Events may occur that render the promotion of the competition or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond Cycling UK's control. Cycling UK may, at its discretion vary or amend the promotion and the reader agrees that no liability shall be attached to Cycling UK as a result thereof.
- Proof of emailing will not be accepted as proof of delivery and no responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid, for any technical failure, or for any event which may cause the draw to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity.
- The competition is only open to UK residents, but not employees (or families) of Cycling UK, or any organisation who have directly contributed to this competition, their agents, or anyone else connected with the draw.
- The prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative will be available.
- If the winner is unable to take up their prize for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to award it to an alternative winner, in which case the first winner chosen will not be eligible for any share of the prize whatsoever.
- If the stated prize is unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize at their discretion.
- Entry into the competition implies acceptance of these terms.
- The promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter: Cycling UK, Parklands, Railton Road, Guildford, GU2 9JX.