Commuting advice for key workers
Advice for NHS staff and other key workers on safe cycling to work
If you are commuting for the first time, the roads will be quieter so if you haven't cycled to your place of work before you will need to:
- Find the best and safest route with our journey planner
- Get a bike that fits you
- Make sure your bike is safe to ride
- Make sure you understand how to ride safely on the road
- Have a plan if you get a puncture just in case it happens
- Safely lock your bike up so you can get home again.
Free bike services for key workers
Our Big Bike Revival for Key Workers project is providing free bike repair, loans and equipment to key workers. We’re working in partnership with over 100 bike shops, bike recycling centres and mechanics workshops in England and Scotland. Use our map to find your nearest location.
Discounts and free bike loans
Many places are providing help and free bike loans to key workers. There's a map of the places offering to help across the UK
Cycling UK is supporting key workers