Women's Festival events toolkit
How to plan an event for the Women's Festival of Cycling
- Register your event. Registering will make you part of the biggest women’s cycling awareness-raising festival in the UK and you’ll gain free special event insurance cover for your event.
- Spread the word. Encourage friends, family and colleagues to join and spread the word about your women’s event – and obviously why cycling is so great.
- Event poster. Included in your Women’s Festival of Cycling organisers’ pack is a customisable event poster. Think about the places you could post this. Also look for local newsletters your event can be included in.
- Social media. Communicating about your ride via social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) is also another fantastic way of raising awareness of your event. Utilise your Stories – Facebook and Instagram stories are non-permanent and are a fun and interesting way to keep sharing your eventand keep your audience engaged. Everyone loves a hashtag – Don’t forget to use the hashtag #BeYouByBike and #WFOC2021 and tag @wearecyclinguk on all your posts.
- Create a Facebook Event. Use Facebook to create an event including the ride date, where you will meet and the time. Also, using the Cycling UK event banners will give your event good visibility.
- Plan your route and share it. Use the Cycling UK Journey Planner to plan your route from start to finish. Other GPS route planning app’s such as Komoot, Strava and OS Maps (amongst others), allow you to plan your route and share the link with others.
- Local press and radio. Send your pre-event press release to your local radio station and offer to do an interview about your event. You may be able to get local radio stations, newspapers, or even magazines and local guides to shout about your event.
- Public figures. Know a female celeb, MP or dignitary? Invite them along to your ride and make sure to include them in any photography on the day and your social media activity (with their permission of course!).
View our events planner
View and download our events pack below to plan your Women's Festival of Cycling event