Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership Terms and Conditions
1. How do I create an online account and log into the website?
- You will need to log into the website to order a new membership card, renew your membership, change your preferences, or to view member-only codes for retailer and partner discounts.
- First, you will need to create an online account.
- If you already have an account, you can log in using this link, or click the orange rectangle icon on the top right of your screen.
- If you do not have an account, you will need to create one using the same link, or by clicking the orange rectangle icon on the top right of your screen. Click 'Create new account' to start the process.
- You can only use the 'Request new password' button if you have previously created an account and submitted a password.
2. Why have the membership rates and types changed?
- Our membership structure changed on 1 November 2020 following approval by the membership at the AGM 2020.
- The changes will affect some existing membership types. You will receive information in your renewal letter sent 4-6 weeks before your renewal date.
- You can also read more in our membership changes frequently asked questions
3. What is a Supporter and how is it different from a membership?
- If you’re no longer cycling but want to remain part of Cycling UK, or want to support our activities but do not want to take out membership, the Supporter option is a great way to stay involved and continue to support our wonderful work.
- Supporters will still receive Cycle magazine and other communications, and contribute to campaigning, lobbying, protecting cyclists, encouraging more people to cycle and ensuring a great future for cycling across the UK.
- By making a minimum donation of just £2 a month via Direct Debit, you will help to support the organisation which you have been a part of for many years.
- This is not a membership and so will not include any of the other benefits available to members, including insurance cover, voting rights or access to riding with groups. Become a Supporter.
4. What is Cycle Activity Provider (CAP) Insurance?
- CAP insurance is for individuals who have a recognised qualification to provide cycling activities.
- CAP insurance is purchased as an annual product so unlike membership, cannot be paid for by monthly Direct Debit. The policy is non-refundable if cancelled partway through the year.
- Only full individual Cycling UK members are eligible for the discounted CAP insurance rate.
Membership Terms and Conditions
By applying to become a member of Cycling UK (Member and Membership) you are agreeing to these terms (Terms).
1. Acceptance of Membership
- On receipt of your Membership application we will process your payment. Cycling UK reserves the right to refuse any application for Membership.
- If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from your card issuer, or from your bank in the case of Direct Debit payments, your Membership will be cancelled.
2. Membership categories
- The Membership categories and any specific terms and criteria relating to a Membership category are set out on the Cycling UK website (Website) for individuals / household and for groups and clubs.
- By applying for Membership, you are confirming that you (or the recipient of a Gift Membership) meet the criteria for the Membership category that you have applied for.
- If at any time Cycling UK discovers that you (or they) do not or did not meet the relevant Membership category criteria, Cycling UK reserves the right to charge you any additional amount that may be owed (including in respect to previous years for which you (or they) did not meet the relevant Membership criteria) and/or cancel your Membership.
- Applying for the incorrect Membership category may invalidate your Benefits (defined below). Cycling UK also reserves the right to recover any additional amounts owed by you in respect to unentitled Benefits.
3. Gift memberships
- Where you apply for Gift Membership for someone else, the person named in your application will become a Member of Cycling UK and receive the Membership benefits and you warrant that you have the consent to provide their contact details to us for the purposes of administering their membership.
- If you've bought a Gift Membership for someone else, these terms and conditions apply to you as well as the gift recipient for the duration of that Gift Membership.
4. Promotional offers
- The specific terms of any promotional offer will apply in addition to these Terms. To the extent there is any inconsistency between the terms of the promotional offer and these Terms, the terms of the promotional offer will apply.
- The promotional offer of 14 months for the price of 12 months payable by Direct Debit is only available for new annual Direct Debit payers or individuals who have not had an annual Direct Debit with Cycling UK for at least three years.
- Joining gifts or offers are subject to the specific terms that apply to the offer.
- Cycling UK may end promotions at any time at its discretion and has the right not to honour promotions where there has been an error in the advertising of the promotion offer.
- Promotional codes and URLs will not be provided by Cycling UK on request.
5. Price information
- All quoted Membership fees are for a 12-month subscription unless otherwise specified.
6. Membership benefits
- The Membership benefits (Benefits) will depend on the category of Membership and are set out in the Member Benefits section of the Website.
- Cycling UK reserves the right to change the Benefits at any time and without prior notice. Where possible, changes to Benefits will be published on the Website.
- Any third-parties or external providers of a Benefit will have absolute discretion in relation to the provision of that Benefit and the Benefit will be subject to the relevant provider’s own terms and conditions. Cycling UK is in no way responsible, and does not accept any liability, for loss or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision of Benefits provided by third parties.
- Benefits may not always be available (for example, because of external events, conditions imposed on the Benefit or limits on capacity) and are therefore not guaranteed. Cycling UK does not accept liability for any costs or other losses incurred (for example, travel costs or expenses) by Members if Cycling UK or a partner of Cycling UK has to cancel or remove a Benefit due to unforeseen circumstances.
7. Online accounts
- You will need to create an online account on the Website to administer your account and to view Member-only codes for partner discounts. You agree to comply with the Website terms and conditions as updated from time to time.
8. Replacement membership cards
- Cycling UK reserves the right to charge an administration fee for issuing a replacement Membership card.
- We will contact you prior to your renewal to inform you of the renewal date. If you pay via Direct Debit, your Membership will be renewed at the end of the subscription period unless you clearly inform us that you do not wish to renew your Membership.
- If you pay by annual subscription, you will be given instructions on how to renew for another period of Membership. You are responsible for ensuring that the renewal details are correct (including the Membership category) and no refunds will be issued after the renewal date (for example, if you had intended to apply for a different Membership category). This clause does not affect your right to cancel within 14 days of the renewal date as set out below).
- We reserve the right to increase the price of your Membership in accordance with Cycling UK’s constitution. You will be informed of any fee increase in your renewal letter.
- If we do not have a valid payment method then your Membership will not be renewed and your Benefits, including insurance cover, will stop until you restart your Membership.
10. Changing your Membership category
- You are able to enhance your Membership category (for example, switch from Individual Membership to Household Membership and add on additional family members; or change from Affiliated Membership to Individual Membership) by contacting the Cycling UK Membership Team using the details provided below. Any increase in the Membership fee that may be due will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the date that the change in Membership category takes effect.
- No refund will be provided if you wish to change your Membership category to a less expensive option (for example, from Individual Membership to Concessionary Membership). Any such change may be made at renewal providing we have received your request to change Membership category before the renewal date.
- Your Membership cannot be suspended or transferred. No refund will be provided if for, whatever reason, you are no longer able to cycle.
11. Your right to cancel
- As a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel the contract formed between us (and receive a refund of the fees paid) within 14 days of your application being accepted or the renewal date, as applicable. If you cancel your Membership after the 14-day deadline you will not be entitled to a refund. This also applies to multiple year Memberships and Life Membership.
- Please note that if you cancel your Membership within 14 days, your insurance policies provided as a Benefit will be cancelled at the same time as your Membership, although you will have the benefit of the insurance cover for the period prior to cancellation.
- To cancel your Membership, you must contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling 01483 238301. Please note that refunds will only be issued to the original method of payment.
12. Queries and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints please contact the Membership team. Office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding public holidays)
Telephone: 01483 238301
- These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- These Terms together with your application for Membership and the information and documents expressly incorporated by reference within these Terms set out the whole