- Know what you want to find out about.
- Don't make questionnaires intimidating or questions too leading.
- Distribute them widely.
- Try to get people to complete them there and then. Carry plenty of biros.
- Arrange accessible collection boxes in cafés, shops, community centres, etc.
- Ask bike shop staff if you could leave a bunch for their customers.
- Give people an opportunity to join or donate to your campaign, or provide information on the form.
- You could set up a series of questions on your website, and email the link out.
- Collate and circulate the results.
- Use results to identify areas of public support.
- Send out a press release with your results.