Talk by Peter Walker, author and Guardian Bike Blog founder
As part of the Cycling UK Scotland AGM and Gathering, we welcome Peter Walker to Glasgow to give a keynote talk to Cycling UK members in Scotland. Peter is the politcal correspondent for The Guardian, manages the Guardian Bike Blog and wrote the book "Bike Nation: How Cycling Can Save The World". After his talk, he will be available for a Q & A session and book signing.
The day will also include the Cycling UK Scotland AGM, several led bike rides, a presentation from Chair of Cycling UK Dan Howard, and presentations from local groups across Scotland. There will also be ample opportunities to chat and network over lunch. We would gratefully accept donations for lunch.
See below for the day's full agenda:
- 09:30 Arrival for Infrastructure safari or scenic led ride
- 09:45 - 11:00 infrastructure safari or scenic led ride
- 11:00 Arrival, tea/coffee available
- 11:30 AGM - Papers will be sent out to members in advance of the AGM via email
- 12:00 Presentation by Dan Howard followed by Q & A
- 12:30 Lunch - We would gratefully receive donations towards the cost of lunch.
- 13:30 Keynote speaker Peter Walker followed by Q & A
- 14:30 Pecha Kucha presentations
- 15:00 Book signing by Peter and close.
All papers and documentation for the AGM will be emailed to you in advance of the day.