Cycling UK Scotland AGM and Gathering
All Cycling UK members are invited to attend the Cycling UK Scotland Gathering and AGM on Saturday 18 November. Non-members who are interested in joining Cycling UK are also welcome to attend.
The day features a morning cycle ride. There are two on offer - an infrastructure safari and a scenic led ride - to see cycling on offer in the city. The AGM is post bike ride, followed by lunch and an afternoon of presentations and discussion.
We’re delighted to welcome journalist and writer Peter Walker as guest speaker, who is politcal correspondent for The Guardian, manages the newspaper's Guardian Bike Blog and wrote the book "Bike Nation: How Cycling Can Save The World".
We also welcome Dan Howard, Chair of Cycling UK, to the day. He will provide a presentation followed by Q&A for members and interested individuals.
We’re also planning a pecha kucha session and would like to invite member and affiliate groups, campaigners, tourers and those with a story to tell to participate. Pecha kucha are short presentations with 20 slides and 20 seconds for each and are a great way to sum up events and activities. If you would like to contribute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you a slot.
See the day's draft timings below:
- 09:30 Arrival for Infrastructure safari or scenic led ride
- 09:45 - 11:00 infrastructure safari or scenic led ride
- 11:00 Arrival, tea/coffee available
- 11:30 AGM - Papers will be sent out to members in advance of the AGM via email
- 12:00 Presentation by Dan Howard followed by Q & A
- 12:30 Lunch - We would gratefully receive donations towards the cost of lunch.
- 13:30 Keynote speaker Peter Walker followed by Q & A
- 14:30 Pecha Kucha presentations
- 15:00 Book signing by Peter and close.
All papers and documentation for the AGM will be emailed to you in advance of the day.
Please note this agenda's timings may change. We will email you with the finalised agenda ahead of the event. Thankyou!