Annual Regional Meeting
CTC East Midlands Region Annual Regional Meeting 2021 (virtual)
Date: Monday 19th April 2021
Time: 7 pm
CTC EAST MIDLANDS ANNUAL REGIONAL MEETING 2021
CTC East Midlands Region will be holding their Annual Regional Meeting on Monday 19th April 2021 at 7.00 pm. The meeting will be held ‘virtually’. Please reply if you wish to attend virtually and an ‘invitation link’ will be sent back to you.
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling UK will be administering this meeting on our behalf using the Microsoft 'Teams' platform. On laptop / desktop computers you will NOT need to download any software, neither will you be required to become a 'Teams' member. Access the meeting by clicking on the invitation link (obtainable on request) and use the “Continue on this browser” option, whereupon a screen opens to allow you “join now” as a guest. On mobiles, you WILL need to download the Microsoft 'Teams' app first, but again, you will NOT be required to become a 'Teams' member. It's just a case of clicking on the invitation link (obtainable on request) and when a new screen opens, “Join as a Guest”. In all instances, you will temporarily be held in a 'lobby' until you are let in to the meeting by a Cycling UK representative.
The official business of the ARM is to receive and, if approved, adopt the Annual Report and Statement of Accounts; elect officers and a Committee; elect an honorary Auditor and consider any Notices of Motion (submitted in writing at least seven days before the meeting).
Please indicate if you:
A) wish to be nominated for any of the positions / roles within the Committee
B) wish to vote for the current officers and committee members to be re-elected ‘en bloc’.
*Note: to be eligible to vote or hold office, you need to be a full Cycling UK member. Your name and membership number will be required*
Officers and Members of the CTC East Midlands Committee.
Candidates for Election
All those currently in post are willing to be re-elected and remain in post.
CHAIR - Ray Clay
SECTRETARY - Tim Newbery
MINUTES SECRETARY - Jean Deacon
TREASURER - Ian Hill
AUDITOR (honorary-non committee role) - Richard Daniells
Member Group Representatives (1 from each of the 6 Member Groups within CTC East Midlands Region):
ALFRETON CTC - Tom Fox
CTC DERBY AND BUTRON - Position Vacant
LECICESTER AND RUTLAND CTC - Jean Lakin
CYCLING UK LINCOLNSHIRE - Tim Newbery
CTC NORTHAMPTON - Richard Daniells
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE CTC - Terry Scott
Representatives from the region's CTC/Cycling UK general membership (Maximum 3):
John Catt - Leicester and Rutland CTC
Reg Tuckwood - Nottinghamshire CTC
Cycle Advocacy Network Representatives (formerly Right to Ride Representatives) in the CTC East Midlands Region (Maximum 2):
Representatives from Affiliated clubs/groups in the CTC East Midlands Region - must be full CTC/Cycling UK members (Maximum 2):
Nil currently in post
Representatives to other organisations:
1. East Midlands Airport Transport Forum: Ray Clay
2. CPRE: Ray Clay
3. Sustrans: Ray Clay
4. YHA: Reg Tuckwood
5. Canal and River Trust: Tim Newbery
How to vote:
1. By attending the virtual meeting (invitation link will be supplied on request)
2. By Email: email@example.com
3. By Post: Tim Newbery, 7a Linden Walk, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 9HT
4. By Proxy: If you cannot attend the ARM, you may still vote by appointing a proxy. A proxy vote is written authorisation given by you for someone else to vote on your behalf. As a member of Cycling UK you are entitled to appoint a proxy to exercise your right to vote at the ARM. You can either appoint the Chair of the meeting to vote on your behalf, or name a specific person. Then you can either leave the vote to the discretion of your proxy or direct your proxy how to vote. To appoint the Chair of the meeting please provide your name and membership number. To appoint a different proxy, please provide your proxy’s name and membership number.
You will need to agree to the following statement:
“I, being a member of Cycling UK, hereby appoint the Chair of the Meeting (or the person named) as my proxy to vote for me and on my behalf throughout the Annual Regional Meeting of CTC East Midlands Region to be held on Monday 19th April 2021 and at any adjournment thereof”.
Secretary CTC East Midlands Region