Cyclist Café of the Year 2020
Cyclist Café of the Year 2020
Coffee and cake are two ingredients to a good day in the saddle that we've been missing lately. As lockdown eases and cafés reopen their doors, we are championing the best in the business with our annual Cyclist Café of the Year awards. Nominate your favourite cycle-friendly venue and tell us what makes it so special. Is it the brilliant bike bakes or the warm welcome? Maybe it's the offer of takeaway tea during a socially distanced trip?
There will be a winner for each country:
- Northern Ireland
Voting opens on 24 July 2020 and runs until 30 October 2020.
A few little details
- Cafés can't vote for themselves.
- Only one entry per person.
- To enter, tell us why you think your chosen café is most deserving in no more than 100 words.
- The winner will be selected by an independent panel of expert judges from around the UK, headed up by Cycling UK.
- Judging will take place at the start of November and announced online. Prizes will then be sent out to the winners.
- All shortlisted cafes will receive a window sticker.
- THE COMPETITION OPENS ON FRIDAY 24 JULY 2020.
- VOTING CLOSES AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY 30 OCTOBER 2020.
- THERE WILL BE FIVE WINNERS, ONE FROM EACH COUNTRY IN THE UK & ANOTHER FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT.
- ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
- WINNER(S) WILL BE CHOSEN BY AN INDEPENDENT PANEL OF JUDGES, HEADED UP BY CYCLING UK.
- WINNER(S) WILL HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2020 TO CLAIM THEIR PRIZE. IF THE WINNER IS UNABLE TO CONFIRM THEIR DETAILS IN TIME, THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR PRIZE. NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
- EVENTS MAY OCCUR THAT RENDER THE PROMOTION OR THE AWARDING OF THE PRIZE IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO REASONS BEYOND CYCLING UK’S CONTROL, WHICH MAY AT ITS DISCRETION VARY OR AMEND THE PROMOTION AND THE READER AGREES THAT NO LIABILITY SHALL BE ATTACHED TO CYCLING UK AS A RESULT THEREOF.
- PROOF OF EMAILING WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF DELIVERY AND NO RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRIES LOST, DELAYED, MISLAID OR FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OR FOR ANY EVENT WHICH MAY CAUSE THE DRAW TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED.
- THE PRIZE IS NON-EXCHANGEABLE & NON-TRANSFERABLE. NO CASH ALTERNATIVE WILL BE AVAILABLE.
- IF THE STATED PRIZE IS UNAVAILABLE FOR ANY REASON, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO OFFER AN ALTERNATIVE PRIZE AT THEIR DISCRETION.
- INFORMATION PROVIDED MAY BE USED BY CYCLING UK FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING YOU WITH INFORMATION ABOUT CYCLING UK, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ITS SERVICES, PROJECTS, CAMPAIGNS AND MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS. CYCLING UK WILL NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR ORGANISATION, EXCEPT IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABOVE PURPOSES. IF YOU DO NOT WANT CYCLING UK TO CONTACT YOU ABOUT ITS ACTIVITIES, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY ABOUT THE USE CYCLING UK MAKE OF YOUR DATA, PLEASE WRITE TO THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER AT CYCLING UK, PARKLANDS, RAILTON ROAD, GUILDFORD, GU2 9JX.
- NAMES OF WINNERS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST ENCLOSING A STAMP SELF-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE TO: CYCLING UK, PARKLANDS, RAILTON ROAD, GUILDFORD, GU2 9JX.
- IF THE WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION ARE UNABLE TO TAKE UP THE PRIZE FOR ANY REASON, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AWARD IT TO AN ALTERNATIVE WINNER, IN WHICH CASE THE FIRST WINNER CHOSEN WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY SHARE OF THE PRIZE WHATSOEVER.
- ENTRY INTO THE VOTE IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
- THE PROMOTER’S DECISION IS FINAL AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
- PROMOTER: CYCLING UK, PARKLANDS, RAILTON ROAD, GUILDFORD, GU2 9JX.