Wheels for Wellbeing
Wheels for Wellbeing
Wheels for Wellbeing is a registered charity and a Cycling UK affiliated centre, run by and for people with disabilities. The centre is committed to inclusive cycling and they coordinate the Cycling for All network, which provides information on their inclusive partner projects Bikeworks, EcoLocal Cycling, and Pedal Power, and have also helped set-up Bush Hill Park.
They have a person-centre-approach to inclusive cycling and are focused on removing or overcoming barriers to individuals who want to cycle. They additonally focus on being a voice and creating positive perceptions for people with disabilities.
The centre was established in 2007 and one of their priorities for 2015-2020 is to ensure that investment in cycle infrastructure across London improves routes, facilities & conditions for disabled cyclists. Without a doubt the centre is very keen to push boundaries for inclusive cyclists.
- Regular cycle sessions are offered by this centre at three different locations:
- Outdoors at Croydon Sports Arena in South Norwood
- Outdoors at Herne Hill Velodrome near Dulwich
- Indoors at the Ladywell Day Centre Sports Hall in Lewisham.
- Sessions are run on a drop-in basis.
- Friends and relatives are welcome to join in the fun.
- If you are new, it is advised to arrive within the first 30 minutes for a short induction.
- Trained instructors and volunteers are always on hand and assist throughout all sessions.
- Groups of 6 or more should book in advance.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
£5.00 per session with one free carer or relative
£10.00 per group, one disabled person with up to 3 friends
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
Additional Events Support
'Wheels for Wellbeing'
Croydon Sports Arena
Herne Hill Velodrome
104 Burbage Road
Ladywell Day Centre Sports Hall
148 Dressington Avenue
Croydon Sports Arena:
Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Herne Hill Velodrome:
Ladywell Day Centre Sports Hall:
Visit Wheels for Wellbeing Website for session times