Watchtree Wheelers are affiliated to CTC.
They aim to get people on bikes because, as they feel, the simply pleasure of riding a bike is often taken for granted. Their varied programme makes it possible for all people to ride, no matter what obstacles stand in the way and they pride themselves in specialising in equipment, training and facilities for disabled and disadvantaged people. For some, cycling at Watchtree Wheelers has been a life changing experience. For more information please go to the Watchtree Wheelers Website.
The centre is set in the stunning Watchtree Nature Reserve, located between Carlisle and Wigton. It is open 7 days a week for visitors to walk, bird watch or bring their own bikes and enjoy this remote and beautiful setting.
- Inclusive cycling takes place at the beautiful Watchtree Nature Reserve where riders cycle on natural and well-surfaced pathways.
- Toddlers, juniors and adults are welcome.
- The centre is open 5 days a week, from Wednesday to Sunday.
- Riders choose when they would like to cycle, simply turn up and see the team or phone and book in advance.
- Watchtree wheelers offer a varied programme of bike hire, one to one bespoke training, family rides, or guided cycle rides for individuals or groups.
- The staff and volunteers are trained and offer high quality instruction and guidance.
- They have a wide range of adapted bikes to choose and team members will assist to find you a bike to fit your needs.
- In addition to adapted cycles their range includes regular cycles, kmx karts and much, much more.
- They welcome groups of all shapes and sizes, please contact them to book, discuss your groups needs and aims.
- The centre provides bespoke training for all ages, abilities and aims. This includes 'Learning to Ride', Road Safety Training through accredited Bikeability instructors and British Cycling Coaching to improve your sport or cycling.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above)
Starts at £3.00
Other rates and membership schemes available.
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer.
Administration (such as on the committee, as a development co-ordinator, or to recruit volunteers)
Additional Events Support
Other opportunities (please specify)
The Watchtree Wheelers
Watchtree Nature Reserve
By Bike: near NCN route 7
By Road: near A595
By Rail: Carlsile
Open: All year
Available from Wednesday to Sunday, 9am til 4:30pm
Cycle Hire, Guided Rides, Group Cycling and Training