Thorndon Cycle Centre
Trailnet is affiliated to Cycling UK and is a London and Essex-based community interest company (CIC).
Situated to the north-east outskirts of London in the county of Essex, the centre lies within an ancient forest, a beautiful woodland area, full of fresh pastures.
The park is divided into North and South areas. These are linked by the 'Old Park', which is owned by the Woodland Trust and 'Old Thorndon Pasture', and this is owned by Essex County Council. The forest dates back to 15th century and its most important habitat is the ancient deer park. Its design was reorganised in the late 18th century by 'Capability' Brown, and other parts include an ancient woodland, some grassland and three small lakes. The whole parkland is now a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest
- Activities take place entirely within the beautiful Thorndon Country Park where inclusive riders enjoy outdoor cycling on tarmac and well-surfaced forest trails.
- The centre has a range of adapted trikes to hire. These will suit most needs, ages and sizes and includes trikes for adults and children (from 4 years upwards), adult and child tandems, a front loading trike and a side-by-side trike.
- The centre also has a full range of standard bikes, buggies, tagalongs, and child seats so the whole family can ride together.
- Trailnets enthusiastic and trained instructors have a wealth of experience in helping people to access cycling and are there to support your cycling needs.
- The centre caters for both individuals and groups, school and youth groups are always welcome.
- Riders can join one their regular weekly group sessions or just hire the equipment if they’d prefer to ride independently.
- If control and coordination are your objectives, the centre offers progressive obstacle courses that focus on developing skills in addition to fitness.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out Cycling UK's What is inclusive cycling?
£5 per session
Cycling UK members are offered 10% discount
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
Additional Events Support