Sheffield Cycling 4 All
Sheffield Cycling 4 All
Sheffield Cycling 4 All provide inclusive cycling sessions for people with various disabilities and challenges, and for those wanting to improve their health. The sessions are run at Hillsborough Park in Sheffield and a good range of adapted cycles are available for most needs. For more information please see CTC's guide to adapted cycles.
Sheffield Cycling 4 All is a Cycling UK affiliated group offering regular cycling sessions using adapted and accessible trikes and bikes.
They provide sessions throughout the week in Hillsborough Park for members of the public who might find it difficult to ride a normal bike.
Hillsborough Park is located approximately 3 miles north-west of the city centre.
- Activities take place in the Hillsborough Park multi-use games area, where smooth pathways are available for cycling on within a public space surrounded by green areas.
- The centre welcomes people of all abilities and ages, both adults and children.
- Cycle sessions are flexible, drop-in when you can, booking is not necessary.
- They are run by experienced Wheels for All trained staff and volunteers.
- Their range of adapted cycles include upright and low-rider tricycles (adult and child), a quad, wheelchair transporter/carrier bikes, hand-cycles, a side by side tandem and regular 2 wheeled bikes.
- Closed sessions for groups, with trained staff and volunteers plus access to all adapted bikes, can be arranged on request.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out Cycling UK's What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
A large car park is situated on Parkside Road, with allocated disabled bays.
The Hillsborough Pavillion houses accessible toilets for wheelchair users.
£3.00 per person and per session
£75.00 per group of 6 people, booking a 2-hour session
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer
- Administration (such as on the committee, as a development co-ordinator, or to recruit volunteers)
- Sessional Support
- Additional Events Support
- Cycle Maintenance
- Other opportunities (please specify)
By Bike: near local route
By Bus: most frequent 20, 53
By Road off A61 Peniston Road
By Tram: Hillsborough Park, Yellow Route
- Every Tuesday and Thursday throughout the year (barring bad weather)
- 10am till 12.30pm Tuesdays & Thursdays
- 1 pm till 3 pm Thursdays