North Tyneside Council - Cycleways 4 All
Cycleways 4 All began in the summer of 2014 and are affiliated to CTC. They are run by the Pathways for All charity and by North Tyneside Council. The inclusive centre is funded by the Peoples Trust and supported by a number of key organisations like Cyclops, M.Steels Cycles, Sustrans, Get Cycling and DTex.
Pathways 4 All are a registered charity, providing social and recreational opportunities for children and young people in Tyneside and the surrounding areas.
Pathways 4 All opened the Tim Lamb Centre in 2012, and Cyclepaths 4 all are based at this centre. The Tim Lamb Centre is run by parent volunteers and specialises in providing a stimulating, social space for children and young people with a variety of disabilities and learning difficulties, and for their families too.
The Rising Sun Country Park, where cycling takes place is a wonderful nature reserve. It boasts a lake, a pond, much wildlife and is especially renowned for bird watching. Observations of many species can be made from two bird hides. Please see the Rising Sun Country Park Brochure for additional information.
- Cyclepaths 4 All supplies both adapted and mainstream bikes.
- Their range includes trikes for both adults and children, a platform bike for a wheelchair, a tandem trike, an adult trike with steering assistance, a recumbent bike, two-wheeled tag bikes, balance bikes and lots of MTBs.
- An informal assessment is undertaken prior to cycling at the centre.
- They have a bikeability officer and it is encouraged where possible to progress from an adapted bike to a two-wheeled cycle.
- The centre aims aims to provide cycling opportunities for families as a whole. Following basic cycle training, families will be able to hire a set of cycles suited to their needs
- Riders enjoy cycling around the Rising Sun Country Park on smooth and natural pathways.
- They currently operate with a limited number of staff, but the centre has lots of potential and they are keen to expand their services.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
The Tim Lamb Centre has many specialised facilities for children with disabilities and learning difficulties. Please visit The Tim Lamb Website to find out more.
£3.00 per Student
£15.00 Pathways Annual Family Membership, plus small fee for use of centre activities.
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
- Sessional Support
- Additional Events Support
- Cycle Maintenance
- Other opportunities (please specify)
The Tim Lamb Children’s Centre
The Rising Sun Country Park
Newcastle upon Tyne
By Bike: on local route, near NCN route 10
By Bus: 335
By Road: on A191, off A19 and A1058
By Metro: Yellow Line, Palmersville
Open: All year
No set times.
Families and groups should make a booking.
Alternatively, the centre can be contacted at Pathways 4 All on: 01912 665 233
Please ask for Victoria Willamson