Just Cycle Ltd aims to:
- Encourage and support community involvement of people of all ages in the provision of re-used, recycled, affordable bicycles.
- Encourage skills sharing and development of all those involved in the initiative.
- Contribute towards increases in regional re-use and recycling rates by recovering bikes from the waste stream, reducing waste sent to landfill and raising awareness of the importance of re-use and recycling locally.
- Promote opportunities for improved health and wellbeing as a result of involvement in the initiative, or as an end beneficiary of the initiative.
- Reduce inequalities and encourage strong intergenerational relationships locally by involving all sectors of the community in recycling and re-use work and encouraging cycling among all sectors, including socially disadvantaged or isolated people.
Just Cycle recycle and re-use bikes that would have been thrown out. Unused bikes are recovered from a range of sources, transported to our base and then recycled. We make use of the many bikes left in people’s sheds and garages and encourage people of all ages to cycle. We also provide basic maintenance skills to encourage people to maintain their own bikes. Recycled bikes are then be passed on for sale, loan or donation to people of all ages.
JUST CYCLE LTD
5 Tweedbank Craft Centre
Open Wednesdays 12 - 5pm, other times by appointment