Pedals - Hinchingbrooke Country Park
Pedals is a CTC affiliated site, run by Huntingdonshire District Council. The Sport and Active Lifestyles team run sessions as part of the DASH project, a Sport England funded initiative that aims to get more people participating in sport and physical activity.
Hinchingbrooke Park is situated in Huntingdon near Hinchingbrooke Hopsital.
The country park has a wealth of wildlife everywhere which covers 170 acres, and includes open grasslands, meadows, woodlands and lakes. Whether you are riding a bike, walking the dog, exploring with your children, enjoying tea and home made cakes in the cafe or having a picnic, you are sure to enjoy this beautiful space.
This well adapted park has two routes for Pedals Scheme adaptive cycles and even has a specially designed and varied course for mountain bikers to use as well.
Originally it formed part of the large estate surrounding Hinchingbrooke House, which is mainly a Tudor style building with remnants of the early 13th century nunnery. The house and grounds were given by Henry 8th to the Cromwell family in 1538 at the time of the dissolution of the monasteries. Queen Elizabeth I came here, King James I visited and Oliver Cromwell played here as a child.
- Riders enjoy cycling around the park on naturally designed level pathways.
- People with a variety of disabilities are welcome at the centre.
- Their adapted bikes include hand cranked side by side cycles and trikes to try, click here to see a few photos of their fleet.
- Trained leaders provide riders with fun at all sessions with games and challenges.
- The bikes are available at other times at the country park on request.
- Extra sessions take place during school holidays, please contact the centre to enquire.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
There is a charge for parking
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
Additional Events Support
Hinchingbrooke Country Park
Brecon Way, Brampton Road
By Bike: on NCN route 12
By Bus: 45, 66, 400, 401
By Road: off B1514, near A14
By Rail: Huntingdon
Open: March - November
Sessions: Mondays, 2pm til 3pm
Extra sessions during school holidays