Cycle Derby run inclusive cycling sessions at the Markeaton Park in Derby. They are equipped with a range of adapted bikes to suit most needs, and welcome adults and children from 5 years old, with a variety of challenges and disabilities. Please see their Cycle Fleet for further details or consult CTCs guide to adapted cycles for additional information.
Cycle Derby is affiliated to CTC and run by Derby City Council.
Markeaton Park is located just outside Derby city centre, to the north-west and is a popular destination to visit. It provides nature, craft and history, is beautifully maintained and boasts areas for play, sports and leisure activities.
- Riders enjoy cycling on smooth tarmac tracks.
- Several routes are available, suitable for different abilities. Consult the Mackworth Castle map, #40.
- The centre has an excellent selection of adapted cycles which includes trikes, tandems, side by side tandems, hand cranked cycles, one low rider bike and a velo plus cycle. Please see their cycle fleet for more details.
- First time visitors should call in advance to discuss their requirements. Once a booking a has been made, trained Wheels for All staff members will help you choose a bike to meet your needs and also provide full orientation to the park and cycle routes.
Want to know more about who inclusive cycle centres cater for? Check out CTCs What is inclusive cycling? or contact us (see contact details above).
1 to 1 sessions: £20 ph
Groups (up to 4 people): £40ph
Larger Groups: catered for on request
Bike Hire only: AM or PM £10, (following a successful trial session, a deposit may be required)
Want to help? There are various ways in which you could volunteer:
- Sessional Support
- Additional Events Support
- Cycle Maintenance
- Other opportunities (please specify)
By Bike: Regional Route 66
By Bus: 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4
By Road: off A52 Ashbourne Road, A38 Kingsway
By Rail: Derby Station
Sessions: Most days during the week, pre-booking is essential